Vegetable Lasagne (serves 4-6)
Cook time: 60 min
- San Remo wholemeal lasagne sheets (enough to make 2 pasta layers)
- Half a small butternut pumpkin
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 brown onion
- 1 ½ small tubs of Primo Italiano low fat ricotta cheese (optional, pictured without)
- Small handful of low fat grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ jar of bottled tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Slice the eggplant and pumpkin into 2cm thick slices, removing the skin from the pumpkin. Line up on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and cook at 180 degrees in the oven for 20 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce mix, heat a large pan on the stove with olive oil. Slice the onion finely and cook on the pan until translucent. Slice the zucchini in half lengthways, and then slice the other way with 2cm thickness. Add the zucchini, sliced, into the pan with the onion, and then add tinned tomatoes and bottled sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In your chosen lasagne dish, layer first the sauce mix, then the pumpkin, then one layer of pasta. Repeat, using eggplant instead of pumpkin. Top the second layer of pasta with remaining sauce (if you run out, use remaining bottled pasta sauce).
- Spoon the smooth ricotta over the sauce to form a thick layer, if using. Then, or otherwise, sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese in golden.
Serving suggestion: Serve size of lasagne is about 2 cups, and team with 2 cups of salad.