Diabetes is a condition whereby there is too much sugar in the blood. This can occur as a result of either insufficient or absent insulin production, and/or insulin resistance. Your food choices can help manage blood sugar levels, and in some cases, reverse the disease processes.
We see people with ‘pre-diabetes’, type 1 Diabetes, type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes
We can assist you with:
- Understanding blood sugar levels and insulin dosage, in relation to food choices
- Understanding the role of carbohydrates, including the glycaemic index, portion control, and carbohydrate counting
- Weight management (if necessary)
- Exercise and blood sugar control
- Eating well during pregnancy