Natural Banana & Oat Balls
Makes: 40 balls
Unlike supermarket muesli bars, these snackballs are low GI, and free of added sugars, artificial ingredients and preservatives. Enjoy a natural, ‘clean’ energy boost!
- 4 large, ripe bananas
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup ground LSA (or linseed meal for nut-free option)
- ½ cup raisins or craisins
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinammon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with potato masher or fork. Add all other ingredients and stir well to combine
- Scoop 1 heaped tbs of dough at a time and squeeze together to make a rough ball. Place the balls 1 inch apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes until ready, you will see the base of the ball is golden brown.
- Cool and store in airtight container in fridge for 1 week, or freeze for several months.
Nutrition (per ball)
Energy: 258kJ (62 Cal) / Protein 2.1g / Fat 2.4g / Sat.Fat 0.8g / Carbs 7.5g / Fibre 2.5g